Summary of Credential Requirements
- Certificate of Completion from AIHC School of Biblical Studies
- Copy of Minister and/or Elder License
- Attend a seminar session on the Holy Ordinances, Religious Ceremonies, and/or Altar Workers' Guild
- Recommendation for ordination from your pastor who must be a member of AIHC. Pastor must have known the candidate for no less than twelve months. Pastor must submit the official recommendation form. The form can be submitted online or downloaded to be completed and submitted to the Administration office.
- Must be no less than eighteen years of age.
- Must preach no less than three sermons. One of the sermons must be preached before the credentials committee. Sermon verification forms are used to verify the messages presented by the candidate. The forms can be submitted online or downloaded to be completed and submitted to the Administration office.
- Must complete and submit a ministry portfolio to the credential's board for review.
- Must remain under the leadership of the recommending pastor for a period of twelve months.
- Must acquire ceremonial vestments (You are not properly ordained or licensed unto you have your vestments)
- Must be approved by a majority of the members of the Examining Board present and voting.
- Must complete a background check and sexual harassment training.
*Please note: An applicant is not fully vested as an ordained minister or licensed evangelist through AIHC unless and until he or she receives the Certificate of Ordination/Licensure signed by the President of the Association.